We know this has been a difficult time for many people around the world, especially those planning weddings, graduation parties, and other big events. Our events coordinator is here to help! After watching our brides, grooms, and other clients navigate the COVID-19 situation, here are her top five tips for planning an event during a pandemic:
- It’s okay to be upset! Yes, it is happening to so many other people, but it’s still your wedding. Have yourself a sad day or two, and then embrace the opportunity to have a great story to tell in ten years.
- Reach out to your vendors! Likely, they have been anticipating dealing with all of the necessary changes and already have back-up plan options in place. Opening a dialogue with all of your vendors, but especially your venue, is a great first step.
- Be willing to be flexible! This is a situation that no one could be prepared for, and it’s changing all the time. Be open to creative solutions, fresh perspectives, and completely flipped plans. Maybe your baby shower is now a ‘welcome baby’ party. Maybe you get married in your parents’ backyard now, and have a big celebration later. There are no rules!
- Consider a micro-wedding; they were becoming trendy anyway! Even pre-pandemic we were starting to see tiny weddings becoming popular. By significantly decreasing guest count, the original wedding budget can be spent on more extravagant details, that you may never have thought of before!
- Go virtual! Zoom wedding, zoom baby shower, Skype birthday parties… there is no limit to how technology can be used to connect family and friends during this time.